Xaudia have a limited number of Reslo RB microphones for sale, with upgrades and modifications inspired by the BBC. We call these “The Beeb.”
|‘The Beeb’. Modified Reslo microphones by Xaudia
Back in the 1950s and 60s, the BBC published a number of R&D reports on ribbon microphones. Here’s what they had to say about the humble Reslo RB…
They recommended a number of modifications, which included….
- Swapping the transformer to one with higher primary inductance,
- Conversion from 50 ohm to 300 ohm output,
- Fitting a more open interior mesh,
- Removing the cloth around the ribbon motor,
- And reversing the motor assembly so that the ribbon element is at the front.
Xaudia have recreated these mods and added a few more of our own. “The Beeb” has an XLR output, and new 1.8 micrometer ribbon. We also ultrasonically clean these before re-assembly to remove 50 years of gunk. And we put a (removable) sticker on them, so you know that they are 300 ohm mics.
|Reslos with XLR upgrade
We have a very limited number of these mics for sale. Alternatively we can upgrade your own mic to these specifications. Please get in touch for details.